Have a question you can’t find the answer to? We’ve got you covered with festival information and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Festival Dates, Hours & Location
- Festival Map
- Allowed & Prohibited Items
- Lost & Found
- Security & Entry
- Exit & Re-entry
- Valid Photo ID
- Lost/Stolen/Expired ID
- Consular / Foreign ID
- Age Restriction
- Food Options
Festival Dates, Hours & Location
2019 Chaos AB will be held on July 26 & 27, 2019
Our festival site is on the grounds of Kinsmen Park located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The festival site is located at 9100 Walterdale Hill NW, between the High Level Bridge and Walterdale Road on the south banks of the North Saskatchewan River. There is no parking at the site, nor is parking permitted in the nearby residential area. So please take advantage of our parking and shuttle services, taxis or ride-sharing.
The gates will open at 3PM on Friday and 2PM on Saturday. The event will run from 3PM until 11PM on Friday and 2PM until 11PM on Saturday.
Box office and will call hours will be released closer to the festival date.
- Festival Map
Allowed & Prohibited Items
All bags will be subject to search when entering the event grounds; no alcohol or drugs is permitted. The following items are not permitted onsite:
- Outside alcohol
- Illicit drugs and/or drug paraphernalia of any kind
- Portable or lawn chairs of any kind
- Pocket knives
- Weapons of any kind and/or items that can be used as weapons, including heavy wallet chains or large spikes
- Glass of any kind
- Hard shell coolers
- Megaphones or air horns
- Musical Instruments
- Laser pointers of any kind
- Markers, Pens or Spray Paint
- Sports equipment
- Skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, motorized vehicles, etc.
- Fireworks, sparklers, and/or firecrackers
- Animals (service animals allowed)
- Motorcycle or bike helmets
- Water guns
- Gas masks
- Gang or club clothing and/or gang or club support shirts
- Tactical clothing or equipment
- Aerosol cans of any kind
- Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- Video and audio recording equipment of any kind
- Selfie Sticks or GoPro handles
- Any projectile and/or item that can be used as a projectile
- Framed or large backpacks (larger than 51cm x 38cm x 33cm)*
- Reasonable amount (1 per person) of beach balls and other reasonably-sized inflatables
- A small picnic blanket or beach towel
- Personal bags and backpacks
- Personal amounts of food store purchased factory prepackaged foods (granola bars, protein bars, chips etc)
- Reasonable amounts of sunscreen (no aerosol bottles allowed)
- Plastic Refillable Drink Containers (must be empty) * must be less than one (1) liters
- Camel Bak-style water bladder systems will be allowed provided that the bladder has been emptied of water and the bladder has been removed from the pack – water bladders that are incapable of being removed from the pack for inspection will be denied entry
Please note – we take no responsibility for items surrendered at the gates
You are allowed to bring one water bottle into the event no bigger than 1 litre, it must be empty upon entry. Glass or metal containers are not permitted.
You are allowed to bring personal amounts of food that are store purchased in tamperproof packaging. We have a wide selection of food trailers and carts with a wide variety of food and drink available within the event grounds.
Lost & Found
Lose something at the festival? Check with the lost & found coordinator at the site box office on the following day to see if your item has been returned, or email email@example.com. If you have found something, please take it over to the Security office (located at the South end of the festival grounds, by the main festival entrance). Please be aware that we do not take responsibility for any items lost at the festival.
Security & Entry
For the safety of everyone entering the festival, all patrons are subject to search prior to entry. Please review the Allowed and Prohibited items list for a stress-free entry process. All bags will be searched before entry. At any time during the entry process if you have questions, ask for assistance from Festival Staff located at the front gates.
Exit & Re-entry
Unfortunately, for the safety of our Chaos AB attendees, there is no re-entry to the event once you enter each day of the festival. Once you leave the grounds, you cannot re-enter until the following day.
Valid Photo ID
Due to AGLC regulations, Chaos AB attendees must possess one of the following pieces of valid photo identification to consume alcohol:
• Alberta Operator’s Licence (Drivers License)
• Saskatchewan Identification Card
• Armed Forces Identification Card
• Out-of-Province Photo Driver’s Licence
• Certificate of Indian Status
• Canadian Citizenship Card
• Permanent Resident Card
Acceptable forms of secondary identification:
• Birth Certificate
• Baptismal Certificate
• Foreign government visa
• Firearms Licence
• NEXUS Card
Unacceptable Forms of primary ID:
• School identification
• Consular identification
• Licenses issued in countries other than the U.S. or Canada
• Expired identification of any kind
• Birth certificates
• Xerox copies of any identification
• Fishing licenses
• Health Cards
• Temporary Paper State/Province ID
Please try to track down one of the other valid forms of ID as listed. Expired documentation will not be acceptable. There are absolutely no exceptions, so please plan ahead!
Consular / Foreign ID
Security will not accept consular identification, or a foreign government issued driver’s license (except for US drivers’ licenses or identification cards that are not expired, which may be used to grant entry into the festival). They will accept any foreign government issued passport provided it has a photo, name and date of birth on it. A passport can be acquired by scheduling an appointment with your local consulate office.
Chaos AB 2019 is an all ages event. Children aged 10 and under are welcome to attend for free when accompanied by a ticket-holding adult. Child’s Alberta Health Card must be presented upon entry. Ear protection for children is strongly recommended. Ticket holders will need to check in at the gates with the child to receive a child wristband. Please note: our VIP areas are 18+ and therefore any child under the age of 18 is unable to access said areas.
We aim to provide as much variety as possible at Chaos AB. We team up with local partners to supply delicious options for many tastes and dietary choices. If you are a vendor interested in being a part of Chaos AB, you can request a info package by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, indeed! If you need cash, ATMs can be found around the site, and in the vendor village located at the South West corner of the festival grounds.
There is no parking at the festival site and parking is restricted in the nearby residential areas. We encourage Chaos attendees to opt for our shuttle program, take the LRT to the nearby University Station, grab a lift with a taxi or a ride-share or hop on your bike! If you need to drive, we suggest parking your vehicles at a nearby the University of Alberta visitor parking lot. For locations please see consult the following U of A Parking Locations for your best options. And most importantly, do not drink and drive!
Getting To The Festival
Kinsmen Park is located between the High Level Bridge and Walterdale Road on the south banks of the North Saskatchewan River. The entrance to the festival site is located off 105 street North West. The park is adjacent to Queen Elizabeth Park to the East and Emily Murphy to the West.
Getting to the Chaos festival site is made easy with our Festival Shuttle Service operated by ETS.
Running two different routes; one from the Downtown core (Downtown Route), stopping at Corona LRT at Jasper Ave & 107 St and Jasper & 100 St and a second from the UofA (University Route) area stopping at Windsor Car Park and 87 Ave & 114 St. Add a shuttle pass to your ticket purchase so you have a stress-free ride to and from the Chaos!
Purchase your single day shuttle pass for $6.00 or two-day pass for $12.00.
Grab your shuttle passes here.
We encourage fest-goers to use public transit! The Edmonton LRT system is fast and convenient, and stops at University Station, just south of the festival site. For more information on routes and scheduling head over to the Edmonton LRT website.
Taxi & Ride Share
Alternately, you can use a taxi or ride share service. There is a designated drop off and pick up zone located outside, in the parking lots, of the Kinsmen Sport Centre.
Of course, you can ride your bike to the festival site. You will be able to lock it up at the designated racks – but please remember we cannot take responsibility for it, so be sure to use a secure lock!
At The Gates
Everyone entering the festival will be searched, without exception. Please review the permitted items and ID requirements listed above to ensure no unnecessary delays. If possible, plan to come early to avoid long lines at peak time – we want you rocking out to your favourite bands, not waiting to get in!
Before Buying Tickets
- Chaos Ticket Types
- Do I get a wristband with my ticket?
- What is a Ticket "Tier" (ex. Tier 2, Tier 3)?
- Is there a payment plan option?
- Can I purchase tickets over the phone?
- Can I purchase Single Day tickets?
- Can I purchase tickets through a third-party?
- Come across fake tickets or wristbands?
Chaos Ticket Types
2-Day General Admission Ticket – Enjoy both days of Chaos AB in our General Admission areas.
2- Day VIP Ticket – All the access of a General Admission Ticket with additional perks such as:
• Priority festival entry
• Private 18+ VIP viewing area near the stage
• Private washrooms
• Premium beverage options at a private bar
• Free wristband shipping
• Two day shuttle pass
Single day tickets may be available closer to the festival date. Please keep your eyes on our social channels and website for all updates on available tickets for purchase.
Purchase your tickets via our Tickets page.
Do I get a wristband with my ticket?
Yes. This year, wristbands purchased online before will be couriered to you via Expedited Parcel. This will help prevent long wait times at will call and entry, so you’ll be enjoying the event sooner.
Wristbands will be sent out via Expedited Parcel approximately one month prior to the event. If you purchase your ticket after July 17, you will have to pick up your wristband at the site box office during the festival.
There will be a $19.00 courier charge per order. To save on the shipping, try to purchase wristbands as a group so they can be shipped as one order. Please note that we can only send group purchases to a single address.
Please have your wristbands shipped to an address where you will be able to receive them in person, as the package will require a signature. If you do not receive your wristbands within 1 week of the event, please contact Front Gate Tickets for support.
What is a Ticket "Tier" (ex. Tier 2, Tier 3)?
Tiers can be more accurately called ticket “pricing” tiers. Ticket pricing tiers are our way of rewarding Chaos AB ticket purchasers who opt to grab their tickets early! All tiers of the same ticket type are the exact same ticket. Early bird tickets are the best price, but when they’re sold out, we move to the next price level, Tier 2. And when they sell out, we roll into selling Tier 3 etc.
Is there a payment plan option?
Yes! On the check out page, you will have the option to purchase your full order at that time, or you can purchase using a “layaway plan” for a non-refundable nominal fee. Purchaser must agree to the Layaway Plan Terms & Conditions. The last day to purchase a ticket using the payment plan is May 17.
The earlier you buy, the better your payment terms! Get your tickets before May 17, and you can get them with four easy payments!
For purchases made before April 30:
DEPOSIT (25%) – with initial purchase
FIRST PAYMENT (25%) – on May 17
SECOND PAYMENT (25%) on June 7
FINAL PAYMENT (25%) on June 28
For purchases made after April 30:
DEPOSIT (34%) – at purchase
FIRST PAYMENT (33%) on June 7
FINAL PAYMENT (33%) on June 28
Can I purchase tickets over the phone?
Yes, please contact our ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets or call 888.512.SHOW (7469)
Can I purchase Single Day tickets?
Single day tickets may come available prior to the festival. Please follow Chaos AB on our social media channels and make sure to join our E-list for the most up to date ticketing information!
Can I purchase tickets through a third-party?
Only tickets purchased through the Chaos AB website or Front Gate Tickets are guaranteed to be authentic. We do not want any of our Chaos AB attendees to be scammed. Please be aware:
- We are not responsible for any counterfeit tickets or wristbands.
- For your own protection, please do not purchase tickets from any source other than: chaosab.com or Front Gate Tickets. Fake tickets and wristbands may look like the real thing but they will be identified by our staff at the front gates.
- Those in possession of fake tickets or wristbands – or ones reported lost or stolen – will not be admitted to the festival.
- In addition, wristbands are not transferrable; any wristbands visibly damaged by tampering will be considered invalid.
Come across fake tickets or wristbands?
Chaos AB wants to stop ticket abuses and we need your help.
Counterfeit ticketing hurts everyone. It leads to higher ticket prices to cover losses, leaves fans stranded when bogus tickets are discovered, and causes delays at entrances as tickets must be closely inspected to uncover counterfeits. Persons selling counterfeit tickets are committing a crime and be subject to persecution, fines and jail time.
We are aware of many instances of counterfeit ticketing and are working hard to keep abuses from happening. But we also know there are even more out there and that new schemes are being devised daily. You can help us stop ticket fraud and protect your concert experience. If you would like to report an experience with ticket fraud, please contact Front Gate Tickets Support. Meanwhile, remember to purchase your tickets from a trusted source and be sure you have detailed documentation of your purchase when you arrive at the concert venue.
After Buying Tickets
- Wristband Shipment Info
- Can I update or check on my order information?
- I didn’t receive a confirmation of my purchase, what do I do?
- I have my wristband, but cannot go anymore, can I give it to a friend?
- I’ve lost my wristband, what do I do?
Wristband Shipment Info
Wristbands will ship 2-4 weeks prior to the festival.
If you have not received your wristband(s) 72 hours prior the start of the festival, please contact our ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets or call 888.512.SHOW (7469).
Can I update or check on my order information?
Yes! Once you have placed an order through Front Gate Tickets, visit chaosab.frontgatetickets.com and click Sign In at the top of the page. Once signed in, you can review or adjust information like your shipping address.
I didn’t receive a confirmation of my purchase, what do I do?
Your ticket confirmation email will come directly to the email used to purchase the ticket. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folder. If it is not in your spam folder, please contact Front Gate Tickets or call 888.512.SHOW (7469).
I have my wristband, but cannot go anymore, can I give it to a friend?
Only if you have not yet put the wristband on. Once you have put on your wristband, it is yours only to wear for the duration of the event. The wristbands are designed to prevent misuse or theft, and should not be removed. Wristbands that appear to be tampered will be confiscated at the gates. See below for more info about wristbands.
I’ve lost my wristband, what do I do?
If your wristband is lost or stolen, please contact our ticket provider Front Gate Tickets or call 888.512.SHOW (7469) in advance of the festival for assistance.
- Official Wristband Policy
- What’s so special about my wristband?
- Wristband Info
- I put my wristband on early, and it’s too tight or got damage. Can I get a new one?
Official Wristband Policy
Each ticket buyer to Chaos AB will be given a wristband. You must wear your wristband for the entirety of the festival, and cannot be given to anyone else. Any attempt to tamper or remove the wristband will make it invalid for entry.
What’s so special about my wristband?
Your wristband is your key to enter Chaos AB. There is a security feature embedded on it that will be scanned for entry through the main gates, and entry into other parts of the site, such as VIP. Do not attempt to tamper with your wristband once you’ve put it on. Wristbands that have been scanned at the gates and then tampered with – such as an attempt to remove it and give it to someone else for entry the next day – will be deemed void and not replaced.
I put my wristband on early, and it’s too tight or got damage. Can I get a new one?
We understand, people get excited and want to wear their wristband right away. Just make sure to follow our guide above about putting on a wristband. But as long as your wristband hasn’t already been scanned at the gates, you could get a replacement at the box office for a fee of $25.00. You must provide proof of purchase and ID, as well as the original wristband. If your wristband has already been scanned at the festival, it cannot be replaced and you will need to purchase a new wristband, if still available.
Be a Part of the Chaos
If you’re looking for an exciting and unique experience at Chaos AB, why not join our team of volunteers, who help in various roles behind the scenes. Plenty of perks, too! Follow us on social media for updates on when you can apply.
Check out the Volunteer FAQs for more info.
In addition to the extensive schedule of entertainment and activities at Chaos AB, there will be a variety of unique and interesting goods and services throughout the site. We are dedicated to selecting quality craft, merchandise and food vendors. The unauthorized sale of food and goods at the festival is not permitted.
For more information on how to apply to be a vendor at Chaos AB, please email us at email@example.com!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.
Health & Safety
- Zero Tolerance Policy
- Food Safety
- Safety Staff
- Safety is our top concern
- Medical Emergency Services
- Everyone will be searched upon entry
- Please be prepared there will be a wait time to enter the festival
- Smoking and Cannabis
Zero Tolerance Policy
- Chaos AB has a strict zero tolerance policy when it comes to illegal substances. There will be extra security at the door and security staff inside the site to ensure that Chaos AB is kept as a safe and healthy environment.
- Good harm reduction means we offer everyone help who needs it.
- We have trained medical professionals on site to handle emergencies – if you, someone in your group, or anyone else might be in distress, seek help from medical or security staff immediately!
- For our music and community to grow and continue, we need people to take care of each other. We want to create memories to last your entire life. Our most important goal is keeping our community positive for everyone.
- Water equals life. We have free water readily available throughout the grounds to replenish your body and keep you hydrated all day long.
- In the festival grounds, we’re all best friends. Keep an eye out for our volunteer rovers, medics, security staff, and Edmonton Police, who’ll lend a hand if needed.
- Our staff, security and medics never judge, so talk to them if you need help or see someone who does.
- Those that get into drug or alcohol trouble at events are often with friends who don’t know what to do. The law protects you, so get help at the first sign of trouble.
- Take care of each other. If you see someone who could use help, don’t just walk by. Stop and talk.
- Let’s act responsibly. We are a community and we need to set our own boundaries.
- Burning calories requires energy. Make sure you take time to rest and eat!
- Vendors will be available if you get hungry throughout the day.
- It’s best to plan ahead so you have a safe and easy ride ready at the end of the night. Shuttles, public transit via the nearby LTR stations, taxis / rideshare will all be available.
- We care about you when you’re gone. Our culture is all about celebrating life. Keep the vibes positive and we’ll see you next year!
All of our vendors are licensed and approved by government health authorities. We work hard to ensure that our vendors are good and safe, as well as ensure there is a great variety of delicious options to suit most any dietary need.
We also offer free water stations at key locations on site. Make sure to keep your water bottle full all weekend, because Chaos AB works up a thirst and hydration is vital to your good health!
You can find our safety (aka security) staff roaming the grounds and positioned at the enterance, the stage and and gateways throughout the grounds. Our safety staff is trained to help make sure every attendee has a good time and stays safe.
All attendees will be searched upon entry to the site (which you should definitely keep in mind when deciding what to bring).
Safety is our top concern
Our festival staff will be patrolling the venue and entrance areas to ensure a safe and secure festival experience for all.
With the assistance of local authorities, our health & safety team have developed a comprehensive plan for as many contingencies as possible, such as sudden changes in weather.
It is important that all attendees come prepared for a weekend outdoors, and in the case of an emergency, follow any instructions given from the stage and over social media.
If you are in any discomfort or distress, or notice anything that you feel will cause a problem, do not hesitate to approach festival staff such as a volunteer or security for assistance!
Medical Emergency Services
Lots of things can happen when you’re outside at a festival – bee stings, foot sprains, bumped heads, scraped knees. That’s why we have a medical emergency centre on site staffed with nurses and physicians to help those in need. We also have roaming medical staff on the grounds, on duty throughout the weekend. Our event staff are also able to contact our medical team in an emergency. If you need any help, under any circumstances, do not hesitate to ask for it!
Everyone will be searched upon entry
You will need to empty your pockets and have all items examined. Security officers will be working inside and outside of the event. All laws will be strictly enforced. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who may pose a risk to public safety.
Please be prepared there will be a wait time to enter the festival
In order to expedite this process we have a few tips that will help with the wait-times.
- Arrive Early – why not enjoy the entire festival, you never know what people you will meet, and what artists you may discover.
- Plan Correctly for the Weather – pack a poncho or hooded raincoat
- Be Aware of the Rules
- Ensure you have valid and up-to-date government issued photo identification – more info above
- Be Prepared to Have Fun!
If you have to bring medication, please make sure to bring a valid photo ID that matches the name printed on your prescription. If you need to refrigerate any medication, including insulin, please stop by our medical centre and someone will assist you.
Smoking and Cannabis
Smoking is restricted to designated areas only.
A reasonable quantity of cannabis for personal use will be permitted, subject to any documented medical allowances – any amount deemed unreasonable by security will not be permitted into the event. Cannabis must be presented for inspection at the gates in a factory sealed, tamperproof package from a provincially approved and regulated supplier. Otherwise, cannabis and cannabis accessories are to be stored in a sealed plastic see-through container or Ziploc bag. Glass containers and accessories are not permitted. Cannabis oils and cannabis-infused foods (i.e. edibles) are prohibited. Smoking of cannabis products (including vaping) is permitted within the event’s clearly designated smoking areas only. Event staff will be able to direct you.
Event staff will remove anyone who sells, purchases or supplies another person with cannabis and will report such activity to the police. Event staff are mandated by law to monitor use and consumption of intoxicants at the events, including cannabis – overuse will lead to removal.
- What is required to volunteer?
- What do I get for volunteering?
- Can I volunteer with my friends?
- How does scheduling work?
- How does the ProServe reimbursement work?
- Is there a dress code?
- Is parking included? How do I get there?
- Will we have access to food?
- Can I carry a backpack with me?
- What if there’s an artist I have to see?
- When working an evening shift, can I enjoy the festival beforehand?
- On the day I have an early shift; can I stay and enjoy the festival afterwards?
What is required to volunteer?
All volunteers must have their Proserve certification and be at least 18 years or older at the time of the festival (photo I.D. required at check in). You are required to work a minimum of two shifts over the weekend, with at least one evening shift on either night.
What do I get for volunteering?
In addition to the reward of being part of making this fantastic event happen, gaining work experience, meeting new people and making new friends, you will also receive a Chaos AB volunteer t-shirt and the opportunity to enjoy the festival when off duty. Work a double shift and earn a meal from one of our onsite vendors! Volunteer for three shifts, and you could earn a pair of concert tickets! Plus, we will reimburse the ProServe fee for anyone getting certified after our program launch in May and before July 17.
Can I volunteer with my friends?
Absolutely! Due to self-scheduling, we can’t guarantee that you will both be in the same assignment at the same time, but if you schedule together, this should be easy to accomplish. We’ll help wherever we can – because friends are awesome!
How does scheduling work?
Everyone will be able to self-schedule, choosing preferred shifts based on availability. Access and instructions will be shared with volunteers accepted into the program. Remember that everyone needs to work a minimum of one evening shift.
How does the ProServe reimbursement work?
If you are not already certified, take and pay for the online course ($25) before July 17 in order to volunteer: ProServe
Is there a dress code?
All volunteers will receive a volunteer t-shirt upon check in for their first shift. You are required to wear this as your uniform while on duty, and required to change out of it when your shift is done. It is your responsibility to launder it so it’s clean and presentable for Saturday. Wear something comfortable in neutral colours on the bottom – pants, skirt, shorts – however no short-shorts please (buttocks showing). Closed toed footwear while on duty is also required.
Is parking included? How do I get there?
Unfortunately, parking is not included. We encourage everyone to take public transit. Visit the Edmonton Transit System for schedule details.
Will we have access to food?
Yes! Food and drink are integral parts of the festival and a variety of options will be available for purchase on site (including vegetarian). Any volunteers working 8 hours or longer in one day will receive a food voucher to redeem during a meal break. You are also welcome to store a small snack (no glass containers) at HQ (volunteer headquarters).
Can I carry a backpack with me?
No. Volunteers are required to check personal items aside from what fits in your pocket (or a small fanny-pack). There will be a bag check at Volunteer Headquarters for while you are on duty only. Note that items are left at your own risk; we are not responsible for anything lost or stolen.
What if there’s an artist I have to see?
We totally get it, but this means that volunteering is not for you. Grab some friends, purchase your tickets, and have a rad time. Although volunteers will get to enjoy some music, we can’t guarantee that it will be your artist of choice, and many people will need to be on duty while the headliners are on. So if you can’t miss out, opt out!
When working an evening shift, can I enjoy the festival beforehand?
Totally – in fact we encourage it – however we need some assurance you will report back when scheduled. In this case, you would be required to check an item of the approximate value of a single day ticket ($180). This could be cash, a cell phone, your current driver’s license plus a major credit card, etc. Check it at Volunteer Headquarters (HQ) when you arrive and pick it up when you return for duty.
On the day I have an early shift; can I stay and enjoy the festival afterwards?
Absolutely! You’ve earned it.
If you have a question we haven’t addressed, you can email us at email@example.com
A designated Accessible Seating Area for any patrons requiring wheelchair, ADA, or special seating consideration will be located on site. The Accessible Seating option is available to ticket holders using wheelchairs or crutches, or who have any other physical disabilities or injuries that will necessitate a seat for the show. Any ticket holder who has special seating requirements should email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ticket order confirmation number to request access to the Accessible Seating Area. This must be coordinated in advance of the event. If needed, there will be a designated staff member available on site to provide some assistance; however, Accessible Seating Patrons who require an attendant are encouraged to purchase a ticket for their attendant and include mention of them in the email. There will be 1 attendant permitted per Accessible Seating Patron in the designated seating area.